E-A-T signals are now part of POP for agency plan users. That means you can easily improve Expertise, Authority, and Trust for your site following the POP E-A-T recommendations.
Last week we also launched POP Express! If you are not an SEO expert but instead are a copywriter or content marketer, this feature will come in handy for you. It will save you time by choosing the most important recommendations for your page. Make sure to do a hard refresh, so that all updates run smoothly. Now let's dig deeper into what's new:
1. Increase Expertise, Authority and Trust of your Website
Why are E-A-T Signals important?
After a broad core update in 2018 Google increased its standards to measure the trustworthiness of websites. In order to rank well you need more than just content that is relevant and comprehensive; your website also needs to prove its trustworthiness. This is especially important for “Your Money or Your Life" sites - those that deal with health, happiness, or financial topics. After analyzing Google’s Search Quality Evaluator Guidelines we incorporated E-A-T signals into the POP page analysis. Some examples of these types of signals include the amount of internal links, linked social media accounts, and schemas currently being used.
How to check your page for E-A-T signals
- When you run a page in POP, make sure to check the box for E-A-T signals Analysis.
- You can find the results of your analysis in the tab “E-A-T”. This analysis may take a few more minutes to run. Your page is evaluated for quality signals and the report will show the deficits you have in comparison to your competition.
- Trust signals that you fulfill are written in green and those where you have deficits in red. The number in brackets shows you the amount of times the respective signal was found on the site. The box on the right accumulates the signals of all competitors and highlights the ones that you need to improve in red.
- Now you can easily go through the list and make an action plan to improve your page’s expertise, authority and trust signals. For Example: The number of internal links that competitors use gives you an idea of how many silo articles you should create with supporting links to your target page.
2. POP Express
POP Express is a simplified version of the POP Content Editor for all those who want to implement basic on page optimization without digging too deep into SEO. If you are a copywriter or content manager, this is for you!
To get the simplified optimisation report with POP Express follow these steps:
- In your Project click on “new page”
- You have the choice between the “Full Report” (the report as you know it) and “Express Report”. Choose “Express Report”
- Fill in the keyword, language, and URL and POP will do the rest.
- Open the Express Report and you will be directed to the Express Content Editor. The most important recommendations are already chosen for you and added to your checklist on the right. Use the POP Chrome extension extension and link it with your location. The content of your page will appear on the left side and you can edit it directly in the Content Editor.
That’s it for this month but we are already busy working on an exciting new feature that will be released in November. If you don't want to wait for the next newsletter follow us on Facebook!
Still no movement of the test page.