You’ve spent a lot of money and did a lot of hard work on your site in getting it ranked well on different search engines. However, ask yourself once whether you see the traffic that you want. Or are you wondering why your competitors are ranking well and receiving traffic better than you? Do you feel your competitors have poorer UX and lower authority, and still, they are ranking well? If you have said yes to any of the questions asked, it’s time to look into why you need an SEO audit.
So, what is an SEO audit, and why is it so important?
When someone says SEO audit, they mean the process of reviewing your website and finding out the weaknesses and strengths. Three things will be done in an SEO audit: they are technical SEO, which lets you identify the health of a website, on-page SEO, which is done to determine the visible elements, such as imagery and copy. Finally, off-page SEO is done to review all the off-site activities and how they can improve your site with link building.
To help you do an SEO audit of your site, you can contact HVSEO to get a powerful SEO audit done. An SEO audit is considered to be the starting point for an effective online strategy. If you want your company website to rank well and attract more potential customers, you should carry out an in-depth website review before getting any marketing campaigns done or before making any changes to your site.
Some of the benefits of doing an SEO audit include:
- Through an SEO audit, you will be able to know the technical health of your site, which will tell you about a lot of things to improve your brand’s online visibility.
- An SEO audit can help you improve your metrics, for example, leads and sales.
- With an SEO audit, you will be able to get rid of multiple on-page issues. This, in return, will let search engines understand your website better.
- Through the SEO audit, you will be able to provide a better user experience.
- An SEO audit will enable you to identify the areas and scopes of improvement by making your business more visible in front of everyone.
- An SEO audit will not only let you make better changes, but you will also get to know what your competitors are doing.
Why is an SEO audit important?
- Search engines like Google are evolving continuously, and that’s why one needs to stay updated with the search engine’s algorithms in order to offer a better user experience. An SEO audit will let you be aware of these algorithm changes and updates so that you get to make essential changes on time.
- Once you do an SEO audit, you will immediately get to know your website’s status. You will get to know which links are broken, which pages can’t be found, and more that is making you lose traffic. Identify all these quickly and efficiently through an SEO audit.
- Google, which is the most significant search engine, reviews the mobile version of different websites. Your site will get ranked based on your mobile site as well. You will get to know how your site is a ranking based on loading time. Readers must note that around 40% of visitors drop a website when the site takes more loading time.
- An SEO audit is not just vital for you to find your online ranking, but it’s also essential to get an insight into all your competitors. You will get to know which keywords are ranking and which ones aren’t.
SEO audits are incredibly crucial for a website to set a benchmark to perform well and to be successful. Only through an SEO audit will you get the detailed picture and analysis of your site, which is vital to make necessary changes and ranking higher.