PageOptimizerPro Chrome Extension Guide
The Secret Key
You no longer need to give content writers access to your POP Account .All you need to do is give them a unique ‘Secret Key’ and they can get to work
Check your work without going into the POP Dashboard
Make live updates to your page and check them inside the extension. No need to go back into the POP Dashboard to do a Re-run.
How the new POP Chrome Extension works
First things first: If you have the old Chrome Extension already installed, you need to un-install it.
- If you've now deleted it or never had it, click here to download the latest Chrome Extension
- Once installed, you will need to Restart your Chrome.
- Now you’re ready to use the POP Chrome Extension.
1. Start in the same way you're used to:
- Make sure you're logged in to your POP account and you have a PageRun within a POP Project already done. If you do not then do this step first.
2. Log in to your target page's content editor or go to your Google Doc with your target page content
- In the example we're using Wordpress > Thrive Architect builder
- Now click the POP Chrome Extension in your browser
3. You'll see the extension window appear. If you're not logged in at this time, you'll be prompted to do so.
- [If you are using VPN] Specify Google Search Engine Country in the settings to get more relevant competitors.
- Hit Click to start
4. Use the drop down menu to select your account and your PageRun.
- You can scroll and find your PageRun or search by either Keyword, Project, Date or PageRun ID.
- If the drop down list is empty, or you’ve recently run a new PageRun report and don’t see it as an option, click Refresh PageRun List.
- Now just check you’re on the correct page, sometimes in content builders that’s a little tricky as they change the editing URLs. Now select the checkbox Confirm Correct PageRun.
5. Select the page you are optimizing from in the check box
- Now hit Click to Start.
6. View PageRun Report
- Now you can see the top optimization recommendations across your various signal areas: Keyword, Variations, LSI Terms, and Page Structure
7. Add your Notes and mark tasks Complete
- When you add notes, they will be added to your POP PageRun with a timestamp
- Mark tasks Complete when they are done. These will also be marked with a Timestamp
8. Check your work live from inside the POP extension
- It is easy to make changes and check your work in real time with the POP extension:
- Minimize the POP extension
- Make changes to the content within the editor
- Save the changes in your CMS [in Google Docs click Publish to Web]
- Expand the extension and click ‘Check Your Work’ [In Google Docs make sure the Extension is running from the ‘Published to Web’ version of your page]
- POP will run and provide updated recommendations based on your changes
- Repeat as necessary to reach your optimization goals
- We use a Stop Light system, so when you get close to where you need to be for optimization, the light will turn from red to yellow to green
9. Using the Secret Key
- Using a Secret Key means you do not need to be logged in to POP to use the extension; Instead the Secret Key will securely connect the user to the PageRun without needing access to your POP account
- This is perfect for your content writing team or if you work with various freelancers often
- Users holding the Secret Key will only have access to that specific PageRun
- Simply go into your POP Account and find your PageRun, underneath the Keyword you will see your Secret Key for that PageRun
- Copy and paste this into the Secret Key field in the POP Extension and click Load PageRun
We would love to get your feedback, please send any comments or questions through to email@example.com